Sunday, 26 April 2015
White Faced Saki Blog Post #1
Throughout my research on the White Faced Saki, I've learnt so many things about not only them, but also other primates. I think that one of the most interesting things that I've learnt about White Faced Sakis is that unlike other primates, they have non-prehensile tails. This shocked me the most because looking at their habitat which is neo-tropical rainforests, moist lowlands, and spend most of their times in the tree tops. I thought that with this type of habitat, White Faced Sakis would have a prehensile tail because they would be able to use it to grasp onto tree branches helping them travel. Instead they have a non-prehensile tail. I learnt that the reason why they have a non-prehensile tail is due to the fact that they use it to balance when on tree branches. If I were to put myself in Jane Goodall's shoes something that I would want to learn about the White Faced Saki they're impact on the rainforest, or their impact on the ecosystem. I think that I want to learn about this because every primate has a different effect on the rainforest, so I want to know how they effect it's environment. I think that if I were to be in her shoes, and were able to see them in the wild, up-close, I would want to see their behaviours in real life. I think that I would want to see all their social behaviours and interactions and how they differ from other primates up-close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment