Sunday, 1 September 2013

My 1st Semester Reading Goal

Every year we have a goal, whether its participating more or doing my homework. Now in middle school we have different classes, which probably mean we have several goals, well in RLA we made a goal. For the first semester my reading goal is to read every single night for at least 30 minutes. I decided this should be my goal because on some nights I read less than 30 minutes, some nights I'm really busy, but some nights I'm just too lazy to read for a total of 30 minutes. I think I may struggle with this goal at times because some nights I might have a after school activity and a lot of homework that I don't have enough time to read for at least 30 minutes. Since this year my RLA class has a reading log to keep track of your reading, I will check/fill the log out every night. And if I have read 30 minutes each night then I will think I have accomplished this goal. We all know it's a good way to accomplish something because after actually accomplishing something you will always get to celebrate. For example last year (5th grade) we had a thing called genre pizza, and that was where people read 8 different genres during a time frame, and if you did accomplish it you were rewarded to a pizza party. Well if I do accomplish my reading goal of reading for at least 30 minutes each night I will celebrate by having a fun filled day with a bunch of friends. This will definitely make me want to accomplish this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment