Thursday, 27 February 2014

Fight of The Arrogance

Fight of The Arrogance
Colette, a young girl, had a passion for sword fighting. Fighting since a young age, at fourteen she was brilliant. As Spartans, fighting was second nature to Colette. She would sword fight in the front of her one-story marble house with her older brother,  Calum, who was best known as his sister’s trainer. They had a spectacular sibling relationship.


Sweating faces, swords clashing, Collette and Calum had been practicing for hours and hours. “Its just a little healthy competition isn’t that right, Colette?” Calum explained their passion for sword fighting to their parents.
“Perhaps so, but it’s still a very dangerous activity,” replied mother. Their parents weren’t as supportive at first, but had soon realize that it’s just all fun and games. Collette had a dream of being the world’s best sword fighter, but that didn’t stop her from practicing.  


“If you could battle any god in a sword fight, who would it be?” asked Calum, while trying not to get hurt with the blade near him.
“Well, since Ares is the god of war, I’m pretty sure I can defeat him any day.” Colette admitted with such confidence. But I’m pretty sure I could beat any of the gods! I’m that great! She thought to herself secretly.
"You have got to be kidding me, Ares is the god of war! He would beat you in any battle!” Calum said trying to lower her confidence, while walking away from the practice to take a break. She seriously couldn’t beat him, he’s battled all the other arrogant people and has won every single time. Thought Calum.
What is he saying? I could beat him and Ares any day, maybe with just a bit more practice, she thought defending herself
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ares, god of war, stood there thinking. “Well what do I have here? Another child questioning my ability… Not the first time and hopefully not the last time that I’ll be able to defeat these arrogant mortals,” mumbling Ares. “I must accept this challenge, I must set off to Sparta to defeat this arrogant mortal.” Soon Ares set off in his chariot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was around three PM, Colette and her brother were practicing outside. Dust sprang from the ground, a gold shiny beautiful chariot with beautiful carvings landed in front of the one-story marble house. In the chariot, stood a god like figure.   ”Well, you must be Collette,” said Ares while getting out of the chariot.
“Yes, and you must be Ares. And what brings such a god here in front of me?” replied Collette, hands on her hips, chin held up high.
“I have heard that you have decided to challenge me. May I just remind you that with arrogance a consequence is involved,” reminding Ares, confident as ever, with his chin held high.
“Bring it on, I will make sure I’ll win.” she exclaimed without a doubt, I know this could mean a dangerous consequence but I know I can beat the god of war! While this whole conversation was going on, Colette’s brother stood there worriedly, “what am I going to do if I lose my precious sister?”
The days passed by faster than they reasoned. They had been training to make sure she would win. “I know I can win! But practicing will never hurt!” Collette exclaimed.  Finally, it was the day of the challenge. Colette was ready! I can do this! Thought Collette. Leaving Calum, with a sick feeling in the bottom of his stomach, he has been dreading this day ever since Ares came to visit Sparta. Soon, people filed into the arena, hollering and screaming, there was nervousness everywhere.


“Ready? You’re going down big guy,” declared Colette in the middle of the small arena with her long dark hair pulled back into a ponytail. Ares putting on his helmet, without saying anything had flung his sword. Heart pounding, sword in hand twitching, she had realized what had happened and shielded the hit with her sword. With each sound of clashing of swords, the yelling of people in the audience got louder. Sounds of clanging every minute, heavy breathing, it’s been hours and hours of this battle.


“It’s time you have learned your lesson,” yelled Ares before nearly wounding Colette with his sword. Suddenly, a huge male figure shielded Colette from the sharp blade, leading the male figure being wounded in the chest. The male figure turned out to be Calum.  Weaken, Colette laid in his arms before himself had gotten weaker and weaker.

“NO!” yelled Colette breathing heavily. That should’ve been me! Why did he do that? Colette thinking, blaming herself. Dust sprang from the ground, Ares spinning in circles, and in a matter of seconds he was gone. Calum, eyes fluttering, face pale, sword in chest. His body lowered and lowered down to the ground. Holding Colette in his arms, with ragged breathing, taking his last breath, he laid on the ground leaving Colette thinking I know this was a punishment, but you didn’t need to take away my brother! Collette had no choice but to live a guilty life, having to remember the mistake, which lead to a death of a loved one. From that day forward, Collette learned that with too much arrogance comes a penalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment